Living just north of the birthplace of House music, Milwaukee native Asher Diamonds takes his inspiration from the classic sounds of Chicago & Detroit as well as the rich Disco and Boogie culture of the 1980’s. Blending the new with the old he creates music that not only pays homage to the godfathers but also takes steps towards new musical horizons.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/115677032″ width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Where are you based?
Why do you play music?
Music is my passion. I’ve been a musician since a young age. It’s a big part of my life every single day. If I’m not playing music, I’m most definitely listening to it, or at the very least thinking about it.
What do you see as your role in the music world going into the future?
I hope to keep releasing new original and remix material. I’m also looking forward to collaborating with some friends on some side projects.
Favorite label or artist from the past year?
What are you looking forward to most this year?
This year has already been so great! I released my first solo EP called “Inside” on Nurvous, celebrated the one year anniversary of a monthly party called LE FREAK that I throw with my friends, and I celebrated my one year wedding anniversary. So I’m honestly just cruising from here until the New Year!
01. Omar S – Rewind (Feat. L’Rena)
02. Maxwell – Spun (NY Stomp Remix)
03. Terrence Parker- Love’s Got Me High (Original Vocal Mix)
04. Asher Diamonds – Got To Know
05. Nail- Tequila
06. Alex Agore – Mizz Honey
07. The Deep (DJ Deep & Julien Jabre)- Love Your Brother
08. HNNY- Mys
09. Quell – Joy
10. Nick Curly – Underground (Dennis Ferrer Remix)
11. Thrilogy- Bound By Enchantment (Vocal Mix)
12. Waze & Odyssey – Turn The Volume On
13. Ejeca – Together (Terrence Parker’s Motor City Soul Mix)
14.Catalan FC & Sven Love Feat. Nicole Graham – Private Number